Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Dancing queen Tilda

Hi y'all!
Coming with another card for The Rubber Buggy's DT, I give you - Dancing queen Tilda!
Don't you just have to fall in love with her. I'm getting so addicted to Magnolia stamps, the details of them are beyond amazing! 


The design paper is
Almanac from Prima, which I layered on black cardstock. The base of the card is sand and is double folded so there is an inside to the card as well. The inside also has design paper layered on black, but on top of that I layered one of the journaling cards from the Almanac collection and fussy cut a butterfly from the design paper.

Back to the front, behind Tilda there is a bird cage hiding. This is a die cut from Memory Box, great size! You will probably see this on more of my cards from now on as this is an upcoming favorite in my collection. I fastened a fleur de lie charm to the top with a double loop ring.



I made a ribbon bow and layered several IAR petals on top of it. As a corner I put a quarter of a MFT decorative doily, but you can barely see it underneath it all. So I had to put another one in the opposite corner, but I used smaller flowers. One of my favorite techniques is to mix my favo IAR with my lovely LSGs:)

I love prima bling and are well trained in hoarding my favorites by now, but for this card I dug them up:) I put some single pearls in two of the corners and also blinged up the bird cage. For sure, I could not resist putting some pearls as her necklace and bling in her hair.


Thank you all for visiting, I hope you enjoyed the card and found some inspiration.

And if you, like me, is becoming a Magnolia fan, check out the rubber buggy store - they have a great selection of Magnolia stamps!

Challenges entered:

Simon says stamp blog - dies and/or punches
Simon says stamp vintage blogs - favourites
Simply Magnolia - charms and doilies

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card :-) Tilda is lovely and the colours and details are FAB :-) I love the birdcage die cut and flowers,,, beautiful :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your wonderfull card with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show, great colors too. Hugs Terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete