Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Distressed card for The Rubber Buggy

Hi everyone!

I'm playing around with some old techniques and this is what I came up with.


I'm sure I'm not the only one who was amazed by the distressing techniques showcased by Tim Holtz, but it's been a long time since I used my ink pads and a water mister...
The background is made by stamping G45's french country and a Magnolia background with archival ink. The ink pads I've used to distress are tumbled glass and chattered saphire.

I've also made my own glimmer mist by mixing ink refill and perfect pearls in a mister, also a technique that's just been lying around with all the great mists you can buy on bottles now a days.

I then took my stencil and moulding paste and made three places in a triangle, which I sprayed in a contrasting colour.

The rest is easy peasy :)
All products can be found at The Rubber Buggy, see list below


Products used from the Store:
Watercolour cardstock
Magnolia rubber stamp, CHICKEN WIRE
Graphic 45 cling stamp, FRENCH COUNTRY, set #3
Kaisercraft clearstamp, DREAM BIG
TCW stencil, mini chicken wire
Bazzil cardstock
WOC carnations
WOC open roses 10mm
Bakers twine, black
Distress ink pad, tumbled glass
Distress ink pad, chattered sapphire
Distress ink refill, weathered wood
Perfect pearl, blue smoke
Distress ink refill, peeled paint
Perfect pearl, forever green

Thanks for visiting!


No comments:

Post a Comment