Thursday, August 9, 2012

Core Cards Creative Frenzy


Oboy!  

"Calling all Cardmakers … Core’dinations ColorCore Cardstock is looking for Card Designers!"

I just found out about this yesterday?! But one have to give it a go - right?
I now wonder if I bit of more than I can chew...

I've just about managed to get three cards done. Which I had superfun making, since I had to pull out all my dies and punches. Thanks to IAR I rarely make any flowers anymore and thanks to ebay, I get my hands on cheaper bling as well - LOL!


My first card I made of a fun folding technic, I think it's called tri-fold. I'm not very familiar with the cordinations collection to be honest, again thanks to youtube I only buy patterned paper now a days. But I've tried the core'dination's paper just for the fun fact that you can emboss it, tear it, sand it without getting any white edges. So I had the tiniest scrap piece left in blue. The collection I have used is the DCWV performance mat stack. I used this both in order to save time and to show "same, but different".

Punches and dies I've used are:
A scalloped edge punch by Martha Stewart
A butterfly punch by McGill
A small flower punch by Tonic Studios
Large leafy flourish die by My Favourite Things



The sentiment is stamped with Adirondack expresso and LAUGHTER is highlighted with ranger glossy accent


My second card is an easel card. Here I used the core'dination paper with an embossing folder and layered with spellbinders die cuts.
The flowers are just a flower punch, this is one of my first punches and I don't remember who it's from. But I layered 8 flowers on top of each other, to give it dimension and glued a flat back in the center.
I used a Martha Stewart ribbon slot edge punch and thread some matching blue organza ribbon through and made a knot.
The large butterfly is from Spellbinders "Fancy flight". Inside the card is a sentiment layered on one of MFT's layered sets. I can't find the name of it, but if you want to know. Leave a comment and I will look for it for you. The card stand on a Martha Stewart butterfly edge.



For my last card, you can tell I ran out of core'dination paper as well as time. But here I wanted to use the paper itself, how can you cover this beautiful ballerina?! So I used the mini flourish from MFT and fussy cut a ticket I stamped with a tim holtz sentiment from the odds and ends stamp set. Then I went crazy with lace, IAR and bling. For the inside I made a bouquet for when the curtains fall - LOL!






So that's my crazy frenzy for the core'dination's cardstock design team call.
I very much doubt that I will get on the team, but I had the best time making these cards - LOL!!

If you have any questions, please don't be shy!!

Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. Hi thanks for your visit on my blog, Sweden was lovely...did stay only few days as it was part of a tour of Europe...now on my return.
    Had a look at your blog..you love TGF too I see.
    Ciao Blankina

    ReplyDelete