Friday, August 3, 2012

What do you say challenge

Simon says stamp vintage challenge for this week was to use a sentiment. I had a qoute in mind, but as you can see I went mad with Tim Holtz stamps on the background so I needed something "lighter" as my focus.

The card is a 4x6 of simple stories "documented", but I'm not sure you can see the damasks in the picture. I' ve distressed the cut edge lightly with brushed corduroy. Then I stamped the images in crushed olive, Archival russet and coffe. The tissue tape is distressed with the brown and green to melt in with the paper better.

There are quite a number of text elements on this piece. Besides the tissue tape, there are a definition of "journey" stamped to the left in crushed olive. The script and the post stamp, the numbers on the man with the umbrella. "Artist" is also stamped to the left in archival russet. But the focus is the tag, which is stamped and distressed with brushed corduroy. 

It's not what I had in mind when I started my project, so I'll see if I like it more after I get used to it...

Thanks for stopping by!









2 comments:

  1. Ms Scrapmess...You have used some of my all time favorite "Tim" stamps on your card. "Artist" and the umbrella man look really nice in their deeper richer Russet tones. The birds repeatedly stamped in coffee are a nice touch. I like your background color as well. Your sentiment is also one of my favorites and very philosophical. Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cool. I love how you've collaged all of these stamps in such a way that feels random - but is clearly done so well to accent both the umbrella man, and your main sentiment which is one of my favorites as well. Love this card! Thank you for joining in this week and sharing with us at Simon Says Stamo and Show!

    ReplyDelete