Sunday, September 9, 2012

Artjournal


A while back, inspired by RachO113, I bought myself a moleskin journal. It has not been used many times i'm afraid. But I like to have the option, that if I should be in the mood for something other then a card or LO, I can still create in my so called art journal. I've also been thinking about collecting small pearls of wisdom that may not be suitable for a card - but that idea has never gotten further than anything more than an idea.

However, inspired by Anyone for Anya - anything but a card, I now dug through all the dust and cobweb - LOL! No, not that bad. But it was far in among all my stash. It turned out better than I imagined at first, so I'm quite pleased, although it shows that I'm a new beginner to art journaling.


I incorporated several challenges into my page, which was the main purpose, but I was not in the mood for a card. I have also been playing around with some more monochromatic colouring, I need to get more pens though. TGF-FFF was to use bright colours, in my interpretation I make the image pop more among the colours. TGF retro-fresh challenge turned out to still be open, so I used yellow, orange and blue (oops, I just noticed I forgot about the "baby")...
As it was to be a journaling page, I also incorporated a lot of text and script, therefore I can enter it in simon says stamp's read all about it and it's all about stamps. The layout is inspired by TGFSC29.


I started by covering my page in distress stain "dried marigold" and sprayed it with LSG "marigold yellow orange" to get it all shimmery. The stamps in the background are in distress ink "spiced marmalade"  The stamps are from Hero art and whimsy stamps. In the ledger stamp I have also used a  french script stamp in "dried marigold" to make it look like journaling. But I left the space if I want to add a quote later. I have also used parts of an old splatter stamp. The carte postale and the stamp is from TH clear stamps - french market. The tickets and the flourishes are from MFT dienamics. The tickets are stamped in "dried marigold" with stamps from MFT, TH papillon and Unity itty bitty dream big. The flourishes are also stamped in "dried marigold" with the script from TH mini ornates set.

If you have any question don't hesitate to ask!
'til next time:)

3 comments:

  1. Hello and great fist attempt at art journaling! I've only tried it a time or two myself. :) You did a great job! Thanks so much for joining us for Simon Says Stamp and Show's Stamptember Blog Hop challenge. And thank you for the very nice comments you left on my blog!<3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to be inspired by someone of such talent, I can see why you would love to purchase this moleskin journal, I adore your sweet Anya is adorable...thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute page! Love the stamping! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete