Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sept IAR challenge - A round Halloween card


This month challenge for I am roses is to make a circle card with a Halloween theme. Great fun!! I've been inspired about circle cards since Arlene´s card for La-la-land crafts. So here I had the best excuse to finally cave in and get the scalloped circles framelits - LOL!

But as luck have it, I don't have a single Halloween article in my stash... But fear not, I said to myself. It was the same thing with the school-themed challenge. Also held by IAR and also inspired by Arlene. So I sat down and like Italian Winne the Pooh "Penso, penso, penso..." And this is what I came up with!



The base of the card is black cardstock die cut with the scalloped circle. The other dies cut in black are Cheery Lynn design's garden gate and Tim Holtz's Holly branch - just the branch... In orange paper I die cut MFT's dog tag and cut away the top part with the pre punched hole in. The same orange paper was used to cut the smaller scalloped circle. All orange paper was edged with spiced marmalade and sprayed with Lindy stamp gang marigold yellow orange. 

Torn skeleton leaf to act like spider web


Dried glue looks like gooey drippings

I would like to say that this card came together quite fast when I got the idea out in the open. However, I just kept adding flowers and rose buds, which I coloured, thus drying time... There are so many rose buds in there it's crazy. I love IAR products, when I get started, it's hard to stop:)


You can glimpse my only Halloween article in there.
A ticket from Tim Holtz's set odds and ends.

I am roses used:
R22-310, old R21-410 
GP2-827, the darkest tone


Dyed with LSG Marigold yellow orange , french lilac violet and Tattered angel's slate.

The birds are from Tim Holtz's mini ornates and stamped in archivals ink jet black.

Dies used:
Alterations Tim Holtz sizzix Holly branch
MFT dog tag
MFT ticket die
Cheery Lynn garden gate
Sizzix framelits scallop circles, the 2 largest


As this card turned out so dimensional I had to fold it backwards in order for it to close properly. You'll see what I mean in this youtube-video.



Thanks for taking the time to visit!!
Have a great upcoming week!



5 comments:

  1. Fabulous card! Thanks for playing along. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your card!!!!! Thanks for playig along :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow this is fabulous, amazing design and details.
    Thanks so much for your lovely comment and for entering my candy
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow girl!!! This is amazing!!! Love your use of IAR products!!! That fence is fab!!! and I love the drips on the tombtones!!! tooooo fun!!!! Thanks for playing along...good luck!!! Hugz =)

    ReplyDelete