Thursday, June 14, 2012

I AM ROSES card

Here is one of my absolute favourite cards. It was super easy to make and came together super fast. I'm one of those who usually have to sort of squeeze out inspiration - LOL!
This, for me, was new territory and I purchased a 7 gypsies paper pad. Off the Wall 8x8. But now I find it hard to go back. I'd like to thank all of you who take the time upload you tube videos of your projects and hauls. I find so much inspiration in all of you! 
 

The card's size is app 6x5. I love brown tones, but somehow it took me a while to embrace the vintage style in my art. I believe I'm still learning what's my style, so I experiment a lot now a days. The sentiment is from Cloud9design clear stamps simple thoughts - Laughter. It looks a bit different, but I stamped parts of it separate to make it look like this. I used adirondack expresso. I also embellished it with bits of Prima say it in pearls.

To be honest, I was a bit in a hurry when I made this and only wanted simple. So I just cut the paper. Usually I'm a bit fussy about cutting in paper like this. I tend to overthink if I get scraps I can't use, the size and proportions, how do I coordinate embellishment and colour combination and so on. For this card I had just about five minutes. So it was more or less cut - cut, lightly distress, ATG togheter, stamp sentiment on one of the scrap pieces, add flowers and bling. So, simple and fast - with so much result?! I still can't believe I made this so effortless - LOL!




I started with a short spray in tan as my "base".
SP1 - 740 (Love this one!!!)

Then I added cherry blossoms in a light brown colour from the mixed pack S3 - 827
(Gorgeous mix of brown tones!)

As a final touch I added som dark brown mini roses from R2 - 310, also a mixed pack.

I love giving away handmade cards and know that the receiver appreciates the very thought and effort you put in it. But this card was especially hard to part from.


Thanks for stopping by, may inspiration keep filling your hearts!




 



No comments:

Post a Comment