Sunday, June 3, 2012

MFT card with PI Fairy girl

The card is based on the MFTGUESTDT0612-sketch. One of the criteria was to use a MTF stamp and I took the adorable PI fariy girl, as you can see I left out the magic mushroom. The base is a baby blue background on double folded creme cardstock. The inside is not finished yet, I'll get to that when I know to whom I will send it and if I need much space to write. The card measure approximately 6, 3/8 x 5 inches.

The stamped image is mounted on a pastel coloured cardstock in light purple, all the edges are distressed and later popped up on foam dots. Behind it is a bit of core'dination paper in tumbled glass, which I ran through my Big shot and than sprayed with the drink me silly blue. I embossed it using the damask texture fade by Tim Holtz.

I coloured her skin with LSG "Drink me silly"-set, first I used the magicals and then I evened the tone with the starburst sprays (I dipped a finetipped brush in the bottles). I'm really pleased with the outcome, the pastel colours are perfectly cute and summery.
Colouring: Wings - A Bit o'Bubbly, Dress - Cosmopolitan Pink, Shoes and accessories - Fussy Navel Peach, Belt - Blue Hawaiian Blue, Grass - My Mojito Green, Hair - Dark Chocolate Truffle.
For the sparkle in her wand I put a pink rhinestone. For her skin I used copic and promarker pens.



The dies I have used are The double scallop border, which I cut out twice and mirrored on the card. I hid the cut underneath a self adhesive white pearlstrip by Kaiserkraft. The sketch also showed a tab and I have The File Tab, which I had in mind to use, but as it turned out it was to big compared to the picture. So instead I used one side of the die from The framed greetings die and stamp set. It turned out even better than I expected so I will use this as a tab on more of my projects from now on. I'm really excited to have gotten extra value out of a die "by accident". The tab is cut from pink glitter paper, but to accent it even more, I also put the same rhinestones as I used on her wand. To even the balance of the card I also used the fancy flourish, painted it with fussy peach magical and stuck it between the tab and the border. It took over a bit more than I wanted. I hope you still notice the border, which became a bit paler in comparison.


As the second border I used the wider ribbon of The First Place Award Ribbon die-namics and stuck it on both sides of the fairy girl. The sentiment is from the framed greeting set and actually says "Thank you for all that you do", but I only stamped the "Thank you". I also wanted some flourish in the stamped image so I used The Vintage Flourish die, nipped it in half and stuck it among the flowers as sprays. Also here I put some pearls from Kaiserkraft to accent. To give it an extra finish I also stamped another sentiment from the framed greetings set. This was the sentiment that I wanted to use from the beginning, but I couldn't fit it on the border. But I'm glad I eventually found space for it anyway.

I hope you liked it, I'm really pleased with the result and had so much fun making it.
Until next time check out MFT - you will be inspired, I have the longest wishlist!


No comments:

Post a Comment