Wednesday, June 27, 2012

You are my kind of cool 

This is my contribution for MFT's challange for july's guest designer. The stamped image is Harlow by TGF's Creepin crew collection 1. I'm super duper excited about my colouring of her jeans. I'm new to colouring with shadows and alcohol pens. I've had them for a couple of years, but it's just lately - thanks to youtube - that I've discovered how to blend and shadow with them. I was really nervous that I wouldn't make her justice and manage to make her cool enough, but I outdid myself this time with this colour combination.
In the corner I used the Fishtail Banner without the scalloped edge and I die cut the letters from Tim Holtz "Typeset" in black. All the flowers are from IAR and coloured with LSG. To match the image the base is Nantucket pearls in clam bake beige and whale watch blue. I then accented the edges with passionate plum and afternoon delight demin from the naughty and nice set. The leaves are in a tan brown colour (ZQLO-74/75) and I coloured them in sea grass green and envy with green. The tan does add an extra depth to the colour and really match the paper which is from Tim Holtz lost and found paper stash.
The rest of the sentiment is die cut with the first place award ribbon. The sentiment looks a bit different, but I really wanted it on one straight line. There is a little sticker from Tim Holtz chit chat stickers, since I couldn't fit "are" on the die. I just got my order from MTF in time to be able to put a leafy flourish on the card as well. It was the perfect first timer for this die. I also got the large leafy flower and it is huge!! And wonderful, can't wait to create something with that one - LOL!
 

 I actually, for once, finished the inside of my card before I know who I will send it to. This, also because of my just arrived order. Of course, I bought enough to qualify for the triple scoop set. Like that's a challange - haha! I got this great set of stamps with "you are" sentiments. You are so beautiful, you are pretty amazing, you're my best friend - great set! (I just checked back at MFT and they're sold out of this set, so check back again! I've noticed that they sometimes stock up the triple scoop set again) But I could not help but to use this sentiment "Really, you are!" With my sentiment from TGF - match made in heaven or what do you think?

You must check out MTF! I'm already popping back for more and July's releases are just around the corner - so what are you waiting for? Hurry!



No comments:

Post a Comment