Thursday, June 21, 2012

Scrap challange

I have just about finished an album of a great vacation to Asia and had a lot of scraps left over.
So I decided to challenge myself using nothing but scraps to make a card to a friend who's flying in tonight. Here's the result. 

Sorry about the poor light

I'm quite pleased, as layering is not my strong side. But I love the effect, so I'm practising a lot - LOL!

The paper is creme and rose cardstock, layered with bits from prima - script and G45 - kraft reflections. I also die cut a decorative doily from MFT and cut it in pieces from prima - script paper. On top of it I added a Tim Holtz journaling ticket and stamped with archival ink in coffee.

The flowers are all from I am roses. I cut a skeleton leaf, as it was to big for the card. I painted a white R21 in "a bit o bubbly" from LSG. The larger leaf is in "opal sea oats" from LSG and the smaller rose leafs are a naturale in tan brown. The two small blossoms are S10 in brown.

I hope she like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment