Sunday, July 29, 2012

Cheeky nurse card


Hi everyone!
Just a quick entry to some challenges here. I believe I will qualify to three challenge blogs.


My card is a 5 X 5 inch base and I had a really cool double sided paper with stars on one side and stripes on the other from Maja design Skärgårdsliv. Unfortunately I could not find any other paper to match the red, then the Mariposa paper. So with tears in my heart I had to cover it with Maja design. In order not to waste any of the Maja design paper I die cut the strip left over with the first place award ribbon from MFT. I hope that will count as my stripes for the TGF challenge.


Fingers crossed that these stripes will qualify!!!
If you look closely you'd see that there are tiny stars
among the stripes and stripes in the background of the stars as well.
So it's more stripy then you'd think from a first look.


I stamped the sentiment and die cut it using parts from the well worn greeting set. To have an outline around it I traced the die and cut it with scissors from scraps of the Mariposa paper left. Then I die cut a leafy flourish also by MFT. All the flowers are from IAR and sprayed with LSG creme bruleé starburst spray. I also used a pearl spray from "my" collection handmade from a youtube tutorial by Luvleescrapping, I mentioned it in one of my earlier posts.

You'd think I could have made a sketch challenge as well, but I'm a bit short for time and didn't dare to overload my creative stream to much. Maybe next time...
The olymipcs are running, so the next couple of weeks I should hopefully be able to scrap with a pure conscious as hubby-to-be will have loads of sports to watch - LOL! 

I also finally got my hands on the Cheeky geeky stamp. OMG that has really been a challenge. I wanted it ever since I first saw it, but it's been out of stock everywhere. I thought self portrait right away - me and my glasses, as you can see - LOL!!

Thanks for stopping by! 
If anyone has any questions about any of my work, please don't be shy - LOL!


P.S I also got a facebook page, so really putting myself out there - LOL! I'm not sure what to do with it though... Any ideas?

2 comments:

  1. Fun card! Great colours and embellishments. Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a pretty card! love all the flowers and your coloring! good luck with the challenges!

    ReplyDelete