Thursday, July 19, 2012

Hats off Anya

For my latest card I used the miss Anya stamp from the collection "rain snow shine". I've really missed her - LOL! She is actually the reason I found TGF. I saw Hats off Anya and Cheeky mate on a scrapbook exhibition and it's been true love ever since.

So I decided to use her again for this weeks sketch TGFSC22.

I also recently did a card where I used my distress inks too and sort of rediscovered how much fun it was. So I used the brushed corduroy, black soot and milled lavender on the card as well. I'm very pleased with the colour combination, I'm kind of into the vintage feel at the moment. Unfortunately, the camera does not seem to pick the colours up, I'm afraid...








I challenged myself to keep the buttons from the sketch. I've seen so many cute projects where buttons are used, so I've gotten me some - but I just can't seem to make them work?! So, for me it was quite tempting to swap them from the sketch. The papers are scraps from DCWV tradevind and Bo bunny timepiece. I made the scalloped edge by using the reverse of a scalloped border. I don't have a solid scalloped border, but I think I can get away with it this way - LOL! I strung twine around the background and tied a ticket on which I stamped an Eiffel tower and set an eyelet. To top it off I added a cherry blossom and a rose in brown from IAR. For the butterfly I used the same paper as I used the reversed scalloped boarder.
The colours I used





Thank you for stopping by!



1 comment: