Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A card for two challenges

I've followed challenges for a longer period of time now, i e I get the weekly sketch from MTF every week. But I have never managed to finish a card in time. So this week I'm extra proud to say that I hope to enter my card in two challenges - I hope that's allowed? I've seen people say they've entered the same card in several challenges, but I don't know if there are special rules to consider?

I'm in love with all of TGF's stamp and I have most of the cheeky collection, some of the creepers crew and a mix of other set. But the wishlist just keeps adding to with new releases - LOL! The challenge was to use a a stamp at least 6 month old and to make it sunny and summertime. Cheeky beach seemed like the perfect choice for me. I coloured her with alcohol pens. I tried for tanned, but she might have gone a bit splotchy in the end, i don't know... The other colours on the card are distress ink in dried marigold, antique linen and bundled sage. The background is from Tim Holtz paper Lost and Found. All are mounted on a piece of cardstock or kraftpaper, you might call it.
In my mind the colours are sunset on a beach surrounded by tropical water.

Distress techniques

All the edges are distressed with a distress tool, then I inked the edges of the "beach" and the "sunset". For the sunset I used distress stain in dried marigold, I also sprayed with LSG salt water taffy to add some pinkish depth. I'm really pleased with the result, I don't think it show on the picture though I'm afraid. After the paper dried, I stamped it with flourishes in dried marigold and added some colour to the edges again. The beach is antique linen sprayed with LSG baked clam beige to add shimmer. It still looked a bit flat, so I took the reinker in antique linen and made spots in the corners and made it look like small pebbles near the edge of the water. It came together better than I imagined! The leafy flourishes are painted with distress crackle paint rock candy, just to give them a look of water.

The sentiment is from a Hero Art set

MFT Wednesday Stamp Club sketch 78

I can not make a project without using the MFT's dies - they're great for all occasions!
I recently got my order from MFT and I had the opportunity to try my new Stax label 1 die. I used the largest for the image, then I traced the outline of the die on paper and with scissors cut out the other shape to make it longer behind the image. You could also just cut the die cut in half, but as I traced the outline, I also got a size bigger.
I also put several of the small leafy flourishes to act as sea weed.The colour of them is bundled sage and LSG sea grass green. I then added some bling to them as traces of water. I've had this blingage for ages, as I purchased them with a vacation album in mind a couple of years ago. So I just went crazy with bling on the card - LOL!


So, wishing you all a day full of sunshine and summer smiles!
Ta ta for now!


  




2 comments:

  1. Hi, I love the TGF stamps too...Love your card, this stamp is so cute. Hope mine will arrive soon, the post is very slow....
    Ciao from Italy,
    Blankina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, so sweet of you to stop by:) Keeping my fingers crossed and hope you'll receive happy mail any day now!!!

      Delete