Thursday, May 9, 2013

Thinking of... MB's treasurista

Hi again!

Hope You all are having a great and inspiring day!
Today I have a great card to show you, although the occasion is sad.

My fellow design team member for MB's Treasurista, the always lovely Leslie, recently lost her mother unexpectedly. Thus, the ladies at Creating a Crafty Life had the brilliant idea to send Leslie some thoughtful creations to show our support and love for her.

Here is my card, thinking of you.


I wanted to make something classic and elegant. So I quickly decided that I would go black and white to keep it simple and clean. In order to gain more depth I dry embossed white cardstock and sprayed it full with perfect pearl. I love the shimmer it leaves. I hid the edge under flatback pearl trim in white from MB's Treasurista's store.


The small white cherub is resting on notes from Vintage finds, Teresa Collins, which are embossed with Lindy's stamp gang embossing powder in Angel wings gold. You can find all these items in Misty's store:)


The cluster of flowers is a mix of oldies but goodies and hip rose buds. I cut a round pearl bead spray in half and stuck the pieces under the paper flowers. To tone the green mulberry leaves I gessoed them lightly. All papers flowers and leaves are sprayed with perfect pearl for shimmer. I had an idea to use the acrylic dimond gems as morning drops of the leaves, but I ended up sticking them underneath the flowers.

The inside of the card is very simple and I only embossed
Tim Holtz birds in LSG angel wings gold.

Products used from MB's Treasurista store:
acrylic dimond gems
flatback pearl trim
green mulberry leaves
hip rose buds
small white cherub
round pearl bead spray
Vintage finds vintage finds, Teresa Collins 

Talk to Misty:
Lindy's stamp gang embossing powder, Angel wings gold

From Tim Holtz cataloge:
Mini ornates, red rubber stamp set

Thanks for visiting,
Be sure to stop by MB's Tresurista store and blog for more inspiration!



No comments:

Post a Comment