Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Mixed media

Hi there!

So this is my first shot at a mixed media canvas.


This was meant to be my project for the youtube hop MB's Treasurista hosted previous this month, but those of you who remembers, the requirements where white with a splash of two colours.

Let me tell you thou, there are only two colours, but I gessoed the canvas as to prep it and then I wanted to mod podge the spray. I have no idea what happend, but firstly, I could see the spray react with the gesso and when I had managed to even that out it was very much lighter than the peach spray I had in mind. As I also had intention to spray it with green Lindy's i wanted to seal it. So naturally, the colour reacted with the sealing as well and there, I had yellow for some reason?! On a try-out the sealing didn't work wonder so I had hopes that I would be able to correct it when I sprayed away later (when everything was glued down), but don't you think that now, why not, the sealing worked and nothing would stick to it...

Oh well, it grow on me after a while and now I'm almost liking it :D



Products from the store:
Antique White Daisy Lace
White Lg Drip Venise lace
Drink me silly My mojito green & fuzzy navel peach
Nantucket pearls  Cape cod coral
Mermaid seashell Opal sea green, Seamint green & Cocklebells coral
Clear Acrylic Wheat Leaves
Sm Mulberry Trellis Roses
Mulberry cherry blossoms
White Peony Mulberry
Brown Tone Mulberry leaves
Prima Shabby chic Resin Treasure stair ornament
TCW Templetes mini antiquities
TCW Templetes mini time travels
Round pearl bead spray
Clear Sm Chandelier Crystal
Acrylic icicle Crystal
Flat back pearl trim
Vintage finds, Teresa Collins, Clear stamp set #2


Tim Holtz Cataloge
Game spinners
Word Keyes
Svivel clasp
Key holes
Hinges fasterners
On the edge die, ornates
Texture fades, damask





No comments:

Post a Comment