Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Altered bird cage for MB's Treasurista

Hello peeps!

I want to show a bird cage that I altered.

Before

It started with a holder for a small candle, but I tucked the bird inside the cage instead.
It was also white to start with, but some acrylic paint and voila :)
It's a sand acrylic paint and I mixed a turquoise pearl paint with the same sand acrylic and got a gorgeous green.
That really made a differens and the rest is easy!


After

I made some candy gem acrylic sprays cling to the bird cage in yellow and green.
Then I hot glued some ruffled satin trim in celadon, which match the colour of my acrylic paint perfectly. I also had some flat back pearl in mint from Misty with went perfect with the colour palette.

 I wanted to make a nest inside the cage and twined some more of the candy gem sprays in yellow and green to act as twigs. As egg I used the water blut flat back 10mm, they also fitted perfectly in the middle of the flowers on the bird cage, but I ran out of them :(
The small sweetheart blossom was the perfect size and super sweet as I tucked it on the "inside".

I added some acrylic chandilier charms to the chain and that's pretty much it :D



Products from the MB's Treasurista store:
Candy gem acrylic spray
Ruffled satin trim, celadon
Flat back pearl trim, mint
Sweet heart blossom
Flat back pearl 10mm, water blue
Lovebirds flat back cabochon
Acrylic Icicle Crystals

No comments:

Post a Comment